School or Group Tour Request
CC&V provides tours for the public during the summer months through the Victor Lowell Thomas Museum. Information can be found at www.VictorColorado.com. Click here to download, print and mail a Group Tour Request.
For the balance of the year we try to accommodate all school and professional groups as we have staff available. There is no charge for the school tours.
This is a surface mining operation, tours will be carried out from a van or bus.
Please be advised of the tour policies:
• Tours are approximately 2 ½ hours long, some walking is included, but not required. However tour participants may elect to stay on the bus for the tour.
• Children under the age of 5 will not be allowed on tours.
• Visitors are required to wear closed toe shoes. A jacket is usually recommended, temperatures at 10,000 feet are considerably cooler, conditions vary so plan accordingly. Expect to get muddy.
• While outside the tour vehicle all participants will wear hard hats and safety glasses provided by CC&V.
• Adults must sign the Standard Release form.
• Parents of all children under the age of 18 are required to sign the Children's release form. (This can be done in advance and submitted at the tour.)
• One adult must be present for each 10 children under the age of 18.
• If any participant on the tour becomes unruly or fails to comply with directions from the tour guide or other CC&V Team Member, the tour will terminate and all participants will promptly leave CC&V's property.
• CC&V is an active gold mine, and our access to the property and process areas will be limited by the mining activities. Please understand that we may not be able to see everything. Weekends are more difficult to schedule, let us know if that is the only time available.
• Tours are dependent upon the weather and operating conditions in the mine.
• Please provide contact information in case weather conditions dictate a change in the tour.
Please complete this page and return it to Jane Mannon (fax 719.689-3254 or email@example.com.) We will contact you for final scheduling.